- Are electronic devices such as laptop, cell phone, or pager allowed through security screening?
- These items may go through
screening. However, please be prepared to turn them on and operate them
for the security screening personnel.
- Are smaller, regional aircraft
- Yes. The high safety record
achieved by regional airlines equals that of the major airlines. Jet
engines power all regional aircraft, whether a turbo with propellers on
the outside-or a turbofan with fans inside the engine casing.
Turboprops are well suited to regional flights. They are designed to
fly shorter distances more economically than large jets. Regional
airlines operate under identical FAA regulations and safety standards
as major airlines - including pilot training and rest requirements,
safety equipment, and dispatching procedures.
- Are there
restrictions on the size of carry-on or checked luggage?
- Yes. Most airlines follow TSA
guidelines which allow each passenger to have 1 carry-on luggage in
addition to a purse or brief case; although rules regarding the number
of free checked bags vary from airline to airline. Carry-on
luggage must weigh less than 40 pounds and must be less than
22” X 14” x 9”. Checked luggage must
weigh less than 50 pounds and must not exceed an overall size of 62
inches, which is the total of length X width X height = 62 inches. For
additional information, contact the airlines.
- Are wheelchairs available in
- Yes, wheelchair assistance is
available through the airlines.
- How long is the runway?
- Runway 3-21 is 6,001 ft. long
and 150 ft. wide. The runway is grooved asphalt and is served
by a full parallel taxiway system.
- Is there a limit on the number
of carry-on bags?
- One carry-on plus a personal
item such as a purse or briefcase is allowed. The carry-on
must meet the size requirements of the airlines.
- Is there a minimum legal
altitude an airplane must maintain?
- Federal Aviation Regulations
specify a minimum altitude of 1000 feet over congested areas and 500
feet over non-congested areas. The exceptions to this rule are
helicopters and aircraft that are in the process of taking off or
- Is there an ATM available?
- Yes, ATM service is located in the ticketing area, as well as the lower level concourse after passing through security
- May I drop off or pick up
passengers at curbside?
- Yes. The curbside
drop off or pick up is allowed; however, waiting and/or parking is
prohibited. If you arrive and your passenger is not ready,
you must proceed along the Airport roadway. 30 minutes free
parking is available in the Short Term Parking Lot adjacent to the
- May I escort someone to the
- Airlines may provide gate
passes for those escorting the disabled, elderly or children to the
gate. Please contact your airline for the approval process.
- What is the elevation and
longitude/latitude of the airport?
- The elevation of the runway is
639 feet. Coordinates: 38° 8′
19.1″ N, 78° 27′ 10.3″ W
- What time does the Airport
open? How early should I arrive at the airport for my flight?
- The terminal building opens at
4:00 a.m. The airlines recommend that all passengers arrive
at the airport 1 1/2 hours prior to their departure time. This ensures
that both the passenger and all baggage will make it through the
screening process in time to make the flight.
- Where is parking for a
- All handicap parking is located
in the Short Term Parking Lot, but at the Long Term parking rate.