Extending the runway will have significant meaning for travelers and business in Central Virginia.
- More flights can be fully booked to depart from CHO; meaning more options for travel from Central Virginians.
- Airlines will find CHO more attractive because a fully booked flight is more profitable for them. This will provide leverage for the airport to negotiate better fares for CHO travelers.
- The Runway Extension project was a selling point in adding a direct flight to Chicago O’Hare Airport.
- Local businesses will save time and money by booking employee business travel through CHO, which is closer to the local office and employees’ homes.
- Business partners, consultants, customers, vendors and other out-of-area visitors find it much more convenient to fly directly into Central Virginia; more seats on flights provide more options to do so.